Mark Webber took his second victory on the streets of Monte Carlo to become the sixth different winner in the opening six races of the 2012 Formula One season. Webber, who was granted pole after Michael Schumacher was demoted to sixth, drove faultlessly as he held back Nico Rosberg of Mercedes. Fernando Alonso took the final podium place and surprisingly leads the championship ahead of Red Bull duo Sebastian Vettel and Webber, something few in the paddock would have predicted before the first race in March.
What we’re talking about:
- RT @SchatDon: @armchairpundit2 I would agree but if they can beat City at The Ethihad, they can beat Arsenal at Wembley, surely? #WAFC #MCF…posted 1 month ago
- #Arsenal fans - will anything less than #FACup glory suffice now? Or could you take #Wigan's Cup heroics into account if they knock you out?posted 1 month ago
- Semi-finals of the #FACup see Arsenal-Wigan and Hull-Sheff Utd. If Arsene doesn't manage to bring a trophy back from that, that's concerningposted 1 month ago
Read our most popular articles:
- Football in 2012: the end of year awards
- Is LeBron James the best male athlete in the world?
- Who will rise to be European champions?
- The true failings of Hillsborough
- Sagan's touch of crass is the tip of the iceberg
- Fallen sporting heroes #2: O.J. Simpson
- Premier League 2012/13: The hipster team of the year
- Red hot Red Wings keep the Streak alive
- Five questions ahead of Monaco GP
Browse our categories:
Delve into our archives: