Mark Webber took his second victory on the streets of Monte Carlo to become the sixth different winner in the opening six races of the 2012 Formula One season. Webber, who was granted pole after Michael Schumacher was demoted to sixth, drove faultlessly as he held back Nico Rosberg of Mercedes. Fernando Alonso took the final podium place and surprisingly leads the championship ahead of Red Bull duo Sebastian Vettel and Webber, something few in the paddock would have predicted before the first race in March.
What we’re talking about:
- RT @SchatDon: @armchairpundit2 I would agree but if they can beat City at The Ethihad, they can beat Arsenal at Wembley, surely? #WAFC #MCF…posted 7 months ago
- #Arsenal fans - will anything less than #FACup glory suffice now? Or could you take #Wigan's Cup heroics into account if they knock you out?posted 7 months ago
- Semi-finals of the #FACup see Arsenal-Wigan and Hull-Sheff Utd. If Arsene doesn't manage to bring a trophy back from that, that's concerningposted 7 months ago
Read our most popular articles:
- Fallen sporting heroes #3: Paul Gascoigne
- The "messiah" myth and why Kenny Dalglish's thin ice could soon break
- Who will rise to be European champions?
- Lions tour off to a strong start
- Is LeBron James the best male athlete in the world?
- Why it doesn't matter if we patronise Sian Massey
- Exclusive interview: Kayode Odejayi speaks to TAP
- Exclusive Interview #3: Emma Webb meets Craig Edwards
Browse our categories:
Delve into our archives: